- We are not an attorneys. We cannot perform the legal services that an attorney performs. We cannot engage in the practice of law.
- The county clerk has not evaluated or approved the knowledge, experience, or the quality of my work of any person connected with the Legal Document services.
- We cannot keep your original documents for any reason, including non-payment, if you request that we return the documents to you. We cannot keep your original documents after all of the contract services have been provided. It is a violation of California law if I keep your original documents under any of these circumstances.
- It is a violation of California law if we make any false or misleading statements to you.
- We cannot obtain special favors from, and we do not have any special influence with, any court or any state or federal agency.
- As required by law, we have filed a bond or made a cash deposit and have registered as a legal document assistant in each county where we will perform services on your behalf.
LDAs in the firm are registered in Kern County and the registration numbers are 122, 186, and 187. To confirm that registration is current, you may contact the Kern County clerk’s office at 1115 Truxtun Ave., Bakersfield, CA 93301 or by phone at (661)868-3588 or on their webpage, www.kerncountyclerk.com.
Pages Only Contain General Information
These pages provide general information, not legal advice. We do not provide legal advice, representation, or referrals, nor can we answer questions about individual cases. If you have an attorney, you should talk to your attorney about the law and your case and not rely on information found on these pages, but your attorney may be interested in information found on these pages and should be interested in books listed on these pages.
We do our best to provide useful and accurate information about the law; however, please remember that laws change. We do not have the resources to make changes to these pages every time the law changes, nor can we afford to contact defendants or respond to questions. If you use these pages, you should make sure that the law has not changed since the pages were created.
In addition, different people can have differing opinions as to the meaning of a law. If you have questions about the law and how laws may affect your case, ask an attorney who has expertise in criminal law. If you want legal advice about your case, hire a lawyer to address your specific legal issues. Don’t ask us. If you use these pages for any purpose, it is your responsibility to make sure that the law applies to your situation.
LDA Disclosures Pursuant to Business and Professions Code §6410.5
We offer Legal Document Assistant services, books, computer consulting, and related services to the public. We also offer legal research, legal writing, and paralegal services to attorneys. We are not attorneys, and we cannot represent you in court, advise you about your legal rights or the law, or select legal forms for you. Our LDA registration numbers are #122, #186, and #187 in Kern County, and my registrations expire every two years if not renewed.
NOTICE TO CONSUMER
DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING BEFORE YOU READ THIS PAGE In the first conversation when you contacted legal document assistant (me), did he explain that he is not an attorney and Legal Research Services, Bakersfield Paralegal, Bakersfield Divorce, and More Alive are NOT law firms.
- I cannot represent you in court.
- I cannot advise you about your legal rights or the law.
- I cannot select legal forms for you.
I am registered in Kern County and the registration number is 122. My registration is valid until 1/23/2020, after which it must be renewed. To confirm that I am registered, you may contact the Kern County clerk’s office at 1115 Truxtun Ave # 5th, Bakersfield, CA 93301 or by phone at (661)868-3588 or on their webpage, www.kerncountyclerk.com.