Lyric Gomez 2021-08-25 The time I had with Victor V. and Leti D. was such a pleasure. They were both extremely helpful in answering all questions and concerns I had in regards to my legal matters. The office staff was very nice and made me feel comfortable. I would highly recommend Bakersfield Paralegal. Gabriella Bustamante 2021-08-25 I was so stressed out with my case and every attorney I asked for help would charge me money to just talk with them. I was losing hope in myself and almost gave up. Then I found Bakersfield Paralegal and they helped me in so many ways. The prices are so much cheaper then going to a lawyer. The staff is kind, compassionate and humble. Thank you Victor for being so humble towards me. Glenda and Lety are the best and kindest paralegals I ever met. I don’t know where I would be in my life if I didn’t meet you guys. If you need any legal help then go to Bakersfield Paralegal they truly are for the client. Cindy and Glenn Davis 2021-08-21 We would highly recommend Bakersfield Paralegal. Glenda was so nice as she had to reschedule our appointment because Victor got detained in court and we got back in that afternoon. Victor was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable as he reviewed all of our documents and answered all of our questions. Also entertaining - loved the magic tricks! Thank you so much for being such a considerate professional. Mickie Graves 2021-08-18 I can honestly I would completely be lost without this company. They helped me when no one else would take the time to help me. They were kind, considerate, very professional , but also great magic tricks. Thank you Victor & Leti. Both of these people are amazing at what they do. I would recommend this company 10/10. Once again thank you!! Kyrsten Knight 2021-08-11 Amazing services very fast and effective 10/10 Bulletinboarddigital 559 2021-08-10 Very helpful and responsive service. Service was quick and accurate. Got exactly the information I needed in no time at all. Recommend them. Cleve2cali MrWhoady 2021-08-07 Great communication, goes above and beyond to get to the nitty gritty of your issue with reasonable prices. I'd definitely recommend for all your legal advice Erick Lopez 2021-07-29 I personally wouldn’t know how my situation would be handled with my case I’m going through if wasn’t for for Victor. He has been so much help throughout this whole case. Always there when I need an opinion or help . I appreciate what you do for the people and myself . I strongly recommend him for this type of matter , I highly appreciate the help you have given me till this day forward Theresa Quevedo 2021-07-27 One of the best phone calls I've ever made in my life very understanding caring and professional I would gladly recommend their services to anyone I wouldn't dream of going anywhere else thank you thank you Bakersfield paralegal
We are headquartered in Bakersfield, California and are available to meet clients in Bakersfield, but most matters can be handled over the phone, by video chat, and/or through e-mail, so we are able to prepare state pleadings for clients throughout California. We conduct legal research for attorneys in any jurisdictions throughout the country, but we limit jail and prison visits to Kern, Tulare, Kings, and Los Angeles Counties. If you are outside our normal travel range and need in-person service, we will try to refer you to a more appropriate paralegal service.
1412 17th Street, Ste. 351 Bakersfield, CA 93301
We primarily assist with family law, guardianships, and restraining orders, but through our local network of paralegals and experts, we can assist you with a wide variety of services:
Family Law Pleadings
- All first paper documents (Petition, Summons, etc.) for initial dissolution filings
- Disclosures (Income and Expense Declaration, Schedule of Assets and Debts, etc.)
- Order to Show Cause filings for specific contested issues
- All discovery documents including motions
- Arrears, spousal support, and child support
- Judgment packets with stipulated attachment or Marital Settlement Agreement
Evictions (Unlawful Detainers)
- Required notices (3 day, 15 day, 30 day, and 60 day)
- All first paper documents (Petition, Summons, etc.)
- Lock-out orders
Other Pleading Preparation
- State Motions – Suppression, Discovery, Pitchess, 995, Murgia, Return of Property, Bail, etc.
- Federal Motions – All Rule 12 Motions, Rule 33 Motion for New Trial, Rule 35 Sentence Corrections, etc.
- Demurrer – Misjoinder, Failure to State, etc.
- Criminal Writ Petitions – Prohibition, Mandamus, Habeas, Nobis, etc.
- Appeals – Misdemeanor Superior Court Appeals, State Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit Appeals
- Administrative Mandamus – DMV License Reinstatement
- Other Post Conviction – Expungement, Certificate of Rehabilitation, Clemency
- Misc. – Eviction, Dissolution, and all other Judicial Council Forms
- Jail visits
- Jail weddings
- Trial clothes
- Makeup to conceal tattoos or just to look better
- Document delivery
- Video, audio, and photograph conversion
- Video, audio, and photograph enhancement
- Facebook and other social media analysis
- Expert testimony
- Client data management systems
- OCR conversion
- Other computer services
- Witness interviews
- Jail calls
- Investigator notes
- Other transcription
- Web pages
- If it relates to services for the pro per client or services for attorneys, we can probably help. Just ask. We work with multiple experts, attorneys, investigators, and other criminal defense specialists.
Not every paralegal can prepare every type of document, so we have multiple paralegals. Some specialize in family law pleadings, some specialize in evictions, some specialize in criminal law pleadings, and some specialize in civil pleadings. If we can’t help with the type of pleadings you need, we well try to send you to someone who can. In addition, we do legal research, inmate services, inmate weddings, technical analysis of evidence, and notary services. If it relates to the legal field, we can help on most types of cases, but by law, some of our services are only provided to attorneys.
However, not everyone should hire us. We do a lot, but there are some matters that we don’t work on, and some matters that are better handled by others. To see a list of matters better handled by others, click here.
Kern County has multiple court locations. We serve all locations in the county and prepare paperwork for cases throughout California. Cases are generally filed in the closest courthouse to the location of the litigants, but there are some exceptions for family law cases. The following guidelines are for cases in Kern County.
- A request for a domestic violence restraining order can be filed in any family law court. In Kern County, this includes the Bakersfield Branch, Delano Branch, Shafter Branch, Ridgecrest Branch, and the Mojave Branch.
- Evictions, Civil Restraining Orders, Civil Suits, and related matters in Bakersfield are filed in Bakersfield courthouse at 1415 Truxtun Ave. as are evictions in surrounding areas of the county that are near Bakersfield, such as Oildale, Greenacres, and Rosedale.
- Evictions, Civil Restraining Orders, Civil Suits, and related matters in Lamont are filed in the Lamont courthouse at 12022 Main Street as are Taft evictions and areas around Taft because the Taft courthouse is currently closed. This generally includes McKittrick, Derby Acres, Valley Acres, New Cuyama, San Emidio, Lebec, and Maricopa.
- Evictions, Civil Restraining Orders, Civil Suits, and related matters in Shafter and evictions in Wasco and Palmo are filed in the Shafter courthouse at 325 Central Valley Hwy.
- Evictions, Civil Restraining Orders, Civil Suits, and related matters in Mojave are filed in the Mojave courthouse at 1773 State Highway 58 Business as are Tehachapi evictions, California City evictions, Willow Springs evictions, and Rosamond evictions.
- Evictions, Civil Restraining Orders, Civil Suits, and related matters in Ridgecrest are filed in the Ridgecrest courthouse at 132 E Coso Avenue as are evictions in China Lake, Indian Wells, and Inyokern.
- Evictions, Civil Restraining Orders, Civil Suits, and related matters in Lake Isabella are filed in the Kern River courthouse at 7046 Lake Isabella Blvd. as are evictions for Wofford Heights, Kernville, Mountain Mesa, Weldon, and Bodfish
- Evictions, Civil Restraining Orders, Civil Suits, and related matters in Delano are filed in the Delano courthouse at 1122 Jefferson Street as are evictions in McFarland, Jasmin, Pond, Earlimart, and Richgrove.
- A divorce or other family law matter in Bakersfield is filed in the Bakersfield courthouse at 1215 Truxtun Ave. as are divorces in surrounding areas of the county that are near Bakersfield, such as Oildale, Greenacres, and Rosedale.
- A divorce in Lamont, Taft, or surrounding areas, such as McKittrick, Derby Acres, Valley Acres, New Cuyama, San Emidio, Lebec, and Maricopa are also filed in the Bakersfield courthouse because the Taft courthouse is currently closed and the Lamont courthouse does not have a Family Law clerk, so there are no divorces or other family law matters in the Lamont courthouse.
- A divorce in Shafter and divorces in Wasco and Palmo are filed in the Shafter courthouse at 325 Central Valley Hwy.
- A divorce in Mojave is filed in the Mojave courthouse at 1773 State Highway 58 Business as are Tehachapi divorces, California City divorces, Willow Springs divorces, and Rosamond divorces.
- A divorce in Ridgecrest is filed in the Ridgecrest courthouse at 132 E Coso Avenue as are divorces in China Lake, Indian Wells, and Inyokern.
- A divorce in Lake Isabella and divorces for surrounding areas, such as Wofford Heights, Kernville, Mountain Mesa, Weldon, and Bodfish are filed in the Ridgecrest courthouse at 132 E Coso Avenue because the Kern River courthouse does not have a Family Law clerk.
- A divorce Delano is filed in the Delano courthouse at 1122 Jefferson Street as are divorces in McFarland, Jasmin, Pond, Earlimart, and Richgrove.